01 Apr Biomethane Gas to Grid Consultants
N-ERGY have successfully delivered gas to grid projects across the UK from Anaerobic digestion technology and can assist any developer in getting passed the difficult legislation that surrounds it.
Lots of developers have taken the decision to covert from their existing gas to electricity plants (for example on mine sites, landfill and anaerobic digestion plants) to gas to grid, otherwise known as biomethane injection. The reason for this is because the government offer attractive incentives through the Renewables Heat incentive (RHI). Not a simple exercise. Where the electricity connection is quite simple in comparison, G59. The Gas to grid connection (a G17 connection) is not.
Whether you have a low, medium or high pressure main to connect to the project will be complex, not only will you need to completely redesign your existing set up but you will also need to install the following as a power consultants & consultancy and as a minimum if not the least:
- An upgrading plant – This is where the RAW Gas is processed and converted to biomethane. This will normally consist of several 40ft containers dependent on the technology used.
- A propane storage facility – This will be added to the processed gas to ensure you reach the CV level identified by the Gas operator.
- A Grid Entry Unit (GEU) – Which is the gas will be checked and monitored to ensure the quality is to specification before being injected into the national grid. This is the interface with the gas operator.
These are just a few items you will need to be able to inject into the gird and secure your (Renewable Heat Incentive) RHI on biomethane injection. There will be lots of hurdles to jump through as the G17 application process is long and very structured.
Some of the items that will beed to be completed prior to injection are as follows.
- G17 Part A through to E for all electrical, mechanical and civil installations
- Written Scheme of Examination (WSoE)
- ME2 validation
- ISO 10723 validation
- Compressor study (If high pressure)
- Gas samples at the RAW gas and Biomethane
- Satellite installation for telemetry
- Gas examiner visit
- Letter of direction
- Network Entry Agreement
We have experience in delivering all of these areas so please do not hesitate to CONTACT US
Related articles here